Victims of Crime Compensation & Counselling Services P/L (VOCCS) is a private entity which has been assisting victims of crime in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia for over fifteen years. VOCCS is not the Department of Justice (DoJ).
When you contact us either by online enquiry or by phone, 1800 000 055, the following steps will occur:
- You will be asked about the purpose of your enquiry. Depending on what services you require, you will be referred to the appropriate service provider. If the crime occurred in Victoria the steps below may occur.
- If your enquiry is regarding making an application for crime compensation, you will be referred to a solicitor specializing in that area who can make an application to the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal on your behalf. The solicitor may be located at our office or elsewhere and will assist you in the process, including lodging and managing your crime compensation claim. The solicitor will not charge you any legal fees, as the fees are paid directly by the Tribunal to the solicitor.
- If you wish to see a different solicitor, we can provide you with an alternative referral or you may seek your own solicitor. Community lawyers can be located on the Victim Support page of this website. If the solicitor makes an application to the Tribunal on your behalf, the solicitor may, with your consent, refer you to other practitioners to assist in the process. This may include the psychologist located within our offices or elsewhere who specialize in working with victims of crime, providing psychological reports and counselling.
- If your enquiry is regarding psychological assessment or counselling, you will be referred to the psychologist located within our offices or elsewhere and who specializes in working with victims of crime. There is no cost to you as the counselling fees for victims of crime are paid directly by the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT). The psychologist located within our offices is Mr Domenic Greco (BA. Grad Dip App CH Psych. Grad. Dip Ed Psych. Grad Dip Ed.). Mr Greco has worked with victims of crime over the past fifteen years and has seen more than 5000 victims of crime over this period and is considered a leading expert in the area of diagnosis and treatment of trauma related injuries.
- If you wish to see a different psychologist, we can provide you with a referral to an alternative psychologist or you may seek your own psychologist. The Australian Psychological Society contact details are located on the Victim Support page of this website. You may also wish to consult with your General Practitioner.
- If your enquiry is regarding another matter, we will do our very best to refer you to the right service provider.
* If the crime occurred in another Australian state, including South Australia, you will be referred to a solicitor specializing in crime compensation in that state who will assist you.
If you have any further questions or if we can assist you in any other way please contact us at the address below:
163 Victoria Parade Fitzroy Melbourne Victoria
Phone: 9415 9492 Fax: 9415 9256
Victims of Crime