Going to court may be a very stressful time for victims. Below are a few suggestions that may help:
1. Get used to the court environment by sitting in on other cases.
2. Prepare Victim Impact Statements thoroughly.
3. Be patient as matters do not always preceed promptly.
4. Make contact with the Police Prosecutor well before the trial.
5. Evidence must be consistent and unbiased.
6. Respond to questions in a concise manner.
7. If you are unsure of the question ask for clarification.
8. Respond to one question at a time.
9. Do not allow yourself to feel intimidated or harrassed.
If you would like to speak with someone before attending a court matter call Victims of Crime Couselling and compensation services on freecall 1800 00 00 55 or on 93808129.