Crimes Against People:

Assault – 42,076 (up 16.9%)

Sex (non rape) 6,264

Aggravated Robbery – 3,286

Rape – 2,044

Abduction / Kidnapping 611

Homicide – 173

Total – 54,454

While there were 54,454 serious crimes reported in Victoria from 2011 to 2012 there was only some 5000 successful Crime Compensation applications over this same period.

What this means is less than 10% of victims of crime who were entitled to seek assistance through Crime Compensation actually received such assistance. The remaining 90%, while still paying tax to fund this state government insurance scheme, paid their own out of pockets expenses and did not receive any monies for pain and suffering.

For professional advice and support call Victims of Crime Compensation Victoria 1800 000 055 or go to

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

clear formSubmit