Experiences of trauma should not only consist of negative outcomes, but should provide the victim with new perceptions that can result in intensely positive changes regarding personal growth and healing. A traumatic experience should be seen as catalyst for the development of deeper meaning and personal growth in one’s life. Consider the following post trauma:
1. I changed my priorities about what is important in life.
2. I have a greater appreciation for the value of my own life.
3. I am able to do better things with my life.
4. I have a better understanding of spiritual matters.
5. I have a greater sense of closeness with others.
6. I established a new path for my life.
7. I know better that I can handle difficulties.
8. I have a stronger religious faith.
9. I discovered that I’m stronger than I thought I was.
10. I learned a great deal about how wonderful people are.
If you have been the victim of crime in Victoria contact Victims of Crime Counselling and Compensation Services on Freecall 1800 000 055 or complete our online enquire form for assistance and advice.