- Violent assaults have been increasing by about %5 each year.
- Violent assaults peak in the warmer months.
- More males than females are victims of assault.
- People aged from 15 to 24 experienced the highest rates of assault.
- Females are far more likely to be assaulted by someone they know than are males.
- Almost half of all assaults occur in a dwelling and around one quarter on the street.
If you have been the victim of a violent assault in Victoria contact Victims of Crime Counselling and Compensation Services on Freecall 1800 000 055 for assistance and advice.